Welcome! I am Research Scientist at MIT's CSAIL. In my research I explore neurosymbolic programming techniques with the objective to increase our understanding of the world.
My interdisciplinary research spans across machine learning, programming languages, neuroscience and mental health. By leading various initiatives, including the NSF Expeditions in Computing project as project manager, and AI efforts in Latin America, I am dedicated to fostering scientific discovery and driving global positive impact.
Dive in to explore my background, research projects, publications, and interdisciplinary endeavors. I am always open to collaborations, speaking opportunities, and connecting with fellow researchers to exchange ideas and insights.
I am fortunate to be the project manager of the multidisciplinary NSF expeditions in computing project: Understanding the world through code led by Prof. Armando Solar-Lezama. Our goal is to advance artificial intelligence and programming languages research for scientific discovery.
I also lead an initiative for artificial intelligence in Latin America.
I am organizing the first workshop on computational advances for scientific discovery and interpretability at MIT 2024, please join us: https://scientificdiscovery.mit.edu/
- Neurosymbolic Programming for Science (Neurips 2022)
- Lemma – Bootstrapping High-Level Mathematical Reasoning with Learned Symbolic Abstractions (Neurips 2022)
- Pattern Recognition of Deep and Superficial Layers of the Macaque Brain Using Large-Scale Local Field Potentials (MIT News) (Cognitive Computational Neuroscience)
- Automatic Methods for Cortex-Wide Layer Identification of Electrophysiological Signals Reveals a Cortical Motif for the Expression of Neuronal Rhythms (Cognitive Computational Neuroscience)
- Counterfactual Explanations of Clinical Alerts in Schizophrenia using Digital Phenotyping (working paper)
- Individual Behavioral Insights in Schizophrenia: A Network Analysis and Mobile Sensing Approach (EAI PervasiveHealth 2023)
Engineering and Computer Science
Fairness in algorithmic decision-making
- The Governance of AI in Digital Healthcare for a Post-Pandemic World Requires Multistakeholder Partnerships - AI governance 2020 - Obsevations of 52 global experts
- Senses and Art - (MIT News)
- The Intersection of Digital Health and Equity (The Economist)
- Reducing waste in health systems: Towards higher value in health (The Economist)
- Impact of Artificial Intelligence in Latin America (Book Download) | Presentation (MIT Media Lab and CSAIL)
- Global AI Agenda: Latin America (MIT TechReview)
- Education as a Tool for Prevention: Addressing and Countering Hate Speech (UNESCO)
- La lucha contra la Xenofobia (UNESCO)
- Research Scientist, Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Labortory at MIT
- Postdoctoral Research, Institute for Medical and Engineering Sciences at MIT
- Postdoctoral Research, Brain and Cognitive Sciences at MIT
- PhD Research, University of Manchester (PhD thesis here)
- Graduate Research (Masters) - University of North Texas (Msc thesis here)
- Undegreaduate Research - Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Mexico