- Feb 2021 – present Research Scientist and Project Manager http://www.neurosymbolic.org/
- Summer 2020 – Feb 2021 Research project lead in “Study to measure, monitor and manage major anxiety and depression disorders in chronic disease with mobile remote measurement technology in a minority-focused population” to be launched in Boston, Miami, Brazil and Puerto Rico
- Feb 2020 – Feb 2021 IMES Postdoctoral fellow, MIT. Project: digital phenotyping, artificial intelligence and mental health
- June 2018 – Feb 2020 Picower Postdoctoral fellow, Miller lab MIT. Research projects: Identifying cortical layers of the brain with machine learning techniques. Neural oscillations and intelligent behavior.
- June 2018 – June 2019 Postdoctoral Associate, Miller Lab MIT. Research projects: Identifying cortical layers of the brain with machine learning techniques. Neural oscillations and intelligent behavior.
- 2017 – June 2018 Research Associate, Division of neuroscience and experimental psychology, University of Manchester, UK. Project: Developing novel data science methodology for analyzing gait patterns for the early detection of cognitive decline.
- 2016 – 2017 Agri-Sensor Research Associate, University of Manchester, UK. Project: Hyperspectral imaging as a novel sensor for identifying and condition monitoring pest infestation in agricultural & urban environments.
- Summer 2013 Research intern, Centre for Engineering and Industrial development (CIDESI), Queretaro, Mexico. Project: Design and development of an inertial system to reduce the risk of fracture in pipelines of Mexican Petroleum (PEMEX).
- 2012 - 2013 Graduate research assistant, Research experience for teacher’s program (RET), National Science Foundation, University of North Texas, USA. Supported and supervised K-12 teachers from school districts in North Texas in research projects in sensor networks at the University of North Texas.
- 2012- 2013 Graduate research assistant, Guided Planetary Surface Exploration using Rovers and Wireless Sensor Networks, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) grant, University of North Texas, USA. Developed a multi-agent cooperation algorithm for a swarm of robots with the Garcia robotics platform.
- 2013 - 2014 Graduate research assistant, Robocamp, Xbox camp and Android camp, University of North Texas, USA. Assisted and managed high school students in engineering-related projects using robots, Xbox and android applications at a summer camp held at the University of North Texas.
- Summer 2011 Undergraduate research intern, Summer undergraduate program in Engineering Research (SUPER), University of North Texas, USA. Project: Vision and perception for robotics systems.
Research Management Experience:
- Spring 2021 to Now Project Manager – Understanding the world trough code http://www.neurosymbolic.org/. The goal of the project is to develop new machine learning techniques that can help automate the process of generating scientific theories from data.
- January 2021 Project and research lead, Experimental learning opportunity (ELO) for MIT undergraduates. I am the project manager of an undergraduate research project of a team of 15 students at the intersection of mental health and technology.
- 2020 - present Project and research lead, Undergraduate research opportunity program (UROP) at MIT. Supported and supervised 10 undergraduate students at MIT (Summer and Fall 2020) in research projects at the intersection of mental health and artificial intelligence.
- 2015-2017 Project and research lead, University of Manchester. Supported and supervised master’s students (3) research projects at the Electrical and Electronics Engineering school of the University of Manchester. The research projects involved the design of machine learning methodologies for working with multi-sensor tomography data.